- B-Tree is a data structure which holds the organized data in a organized tree manner.
- B-Tree contains the
- Root node
- Intermediate Nodes
- Leaf Nodes(where actual data might be linked/present).
- Index Key:
- Index key is a key that contains the location specific of the data selected in the table.
- Index keys present at the leaf node map to the actual data in a non-clustered index.
- But for a clustered index data is present at the leaf node itself hence intermediate index keys map to the leaf node where data is stored.